Oil Circuit Breaker Kits
Waukesha® Components began as High Voltage Supply, a leader in the supply of aftermarket components for oil circuit breakers. Building on this expertise, we now offer a variety of oil circuit breaker kits to meet almost every maintenance need.
We structured our oil circuit breaker maintenance kits to include components that wear down as a result of exposure to electrical arc and mechanical wear. In addition, because customers often experience damage to equipment surrounding the interrupters and contacts, SPX Waukesha offers a variety of lift rods, interrupter housings, bushing adapter assemblies, crossarms and mechanism bearing replacement kits. In total, SPX Waukesha offers over 300 different oil circuit breaker kits to the industry.
SPX Waukesha's offering of high-performance materials for arc chutes and interrupter assemblies provide superior arc resistance and lower water absorption, making our advanced arc chute materials more stable and less susceptible to warping or swelling.
For more detailed information on our oil circuit breaker capabilities, please download the following brochure (in Adobe Acrobat format):
Circuit Breaker Components Capabilities (1.3Mb)
Circuit Breaker Components Capabilities – Español (3.1Mb)
Load Tap Changer Parts, Kits and Overhauls
When design, manufacturing and testing of new components have all been completed and the product hits the market, that's when our work begins—manufacturing replacement parts, evaluating the performance of original designs and redesigning components to improve performance and enhance reliability. SPX Waukesha is committed to becoming the preferred supplier of replacement parts and service for load tap changers for the world’s utility industry, utilizing design and reverse-engineering skills, quality control and value-added manufacturing processes.
The Waukesha® Components group offers LTC expertise in the following areas:
Contact Kits and Components
SPX Waukesha offers an extensive selection of make/model replacement contact kits for most major and obsolete load tap changers. In addition to contacts, we make available a variety of "non-standard" components such as tap head castings
, gasket kits
and drive shafts
while leading the industry in the ability to reverse-engineer and manufacture insulating barrier boards
and phase panels
on short notice for single and three-phase load tap changers from a customer-supplied sample.
We also offer an extensive selection of make/model replacement parts kits for most major and obsolete load tap changers including low resistance contacts. These kits, designed based on customer feedback, include most parts that wear out or need replacement. Standard maintenance kits include all respective movable and stationary contacts for all three phases of the equipment. We maintain a large inventory of these kits for emergency deliveries.
In addition to contacts, SPX Waukesha offers a variety of "non-standard" components such as tap head castings, gasket kits and drive shafts. We lead the industry in the ability to reverse-engineer and manufacture insulating barrier boards and phase panels on short notice for single and three-phase load tap changers from a customer-supplied sample. Our large inventory of barrier board materials in a variety of thicknesses and sizes allows us to support our customers' emergency needs.
Waukesha's unique maintenance tool kits help provide for faster, easier servicing of load tap changers. Each kit contains custom tools specific to a given LTC make/model along with instructions to aid in installation and calibration/adjustment of replacement contacts.
We currently offer tool kits designed specifically for use on the following LTCs: Waukesha® UZD®; FPE TC-546, TC-525, TC-523, TC-25, TC-46; McGraw 550, 550B, 550C; GE LRT200 Series
Overhauls and Upgrades
|Original GE LRT200
||Waukesha LRT200-2 Conversion/Upgrade
with Design Enhancements
Our company defined the standards for high quality and reliable load tap changer overhauls/upgrades, starting with our industry-leading conversion and overhaul of the GE LRT200 in 1994. This overhaul and the many years of experience gained since then have given Waukesha® Components the knowledge and expertise to develop thorough and comprehensive LTC refurbishment programs for the following LTC models:
- General Electric LRT200, LRT200-2, LRT68, LRT72, LRT38/48
- McGraw 500, 550B, 550C
- Seimens TLF, TLG, TLH20, TLH21, TLS
- Maloney MA/MB, MA1/MB1, MA2/MB2
- Westinghouse UTS, UTS-A, UTT, UTTA, UTTB
Our STANDARD rebuild scope includes the following steps:
- Preparation of a written scope of repair specific to make/model of LTC being overhauled.
- A thorough receiving inspection documents condition and assists in determining most probable failure mode.
- Complete disassembly of the entire mechanism and evaluation of all parts for wear condition and probable failure damage.
- Inspection and cleanup of all drive gears and LTC assembly frame; most are then reused on the rebuilt LTC.
- Replacement of all locking hardware, springs and pivot bushings.
- Hi-pot and wear evaluation of vacuum interrupters (if present).
- Inspection and cleanup of all control wires and terminations, limit switches and motor drive/spring charge mechanism.
- Electrical testing and verification of operation of drive motors and limit switches.
- During rebuild, all newly installed contact assemblies are adjusted and calibrated to ensure proper operation.
- After rebuild and timing, all spring-loaded contact assembly pressures and contact resistance measurements are recorded and evaluated to ensure contacts are mating properly on all positions.
- Depending on the model, a final verification of operation is performed in a tank under transformer oil for up to 25,000 mechanical operations across the entire tap range.
- Each unit overhauled by Waukesha is warranted for 12 months from defects in materials and workmanship.
- A final repair report detailing all items replaced/reused and a failure analysis showing "as received" condition and mode of failure is available upon request.
Waukesha® Components also stocks completely rebuilt LRT200-2 LTCs for quick delivery.
For more detailed information on our load tap changer components and design enhancements as well as our LRT200 specific capabilities, please download the following brochures (in Adobe Acrobat format):
Load Tap Changer Components Capabilities (1.8Mb)
Load Tap Changer Components Capabilities — Español (2.9Mb)
LRT200 Series Load Tap Changers Capabilities (1.4Mb)
LRT200 Series Load Tap Changers Capabilities — Español (5.0Mb)
For more detailed information on any of these items, please contact Waukesha® Components.