SPX Waukesha can provide complete turnkey installation of Envirotemp™ FR3™ dielectric fluid for almost any substation-size transformer on your system. We can advise on the suitability of a unit for retrofilling, suggest other alterations and repairs you may want us to make at the same time and take care of disposing of your non-PCB oil. With many FR3 fluid retrofills successfully completed, we have the training and expertise to get the job done right!
Envirotemp™ FR3™ fluid is a biodegradable dielectric coolant made from a formulation which includes vegetable oils and is proven to add value to new and retrofilled power equipment, possibly SAVING YOU MONEY in several ways:
- Lower total life cycle costs due to extended insulation paper thermal life by a factor of 5–8 times (verified by Cooper Power Systems using IEEE standard tests).
- Delayed asset replacement because FR3 fluid-cooled transformers experience a slower aging rate of cellulose insulation compared to mineral oil-filled transformers.
- Lower personnel and equipment costs due to greater flexibility when selecting installation sites along with simplified fire safety and installation requirements.
- Lower insurance and liability costs due to greatly reduced risk of fire (dependent on insurance company policies).
- Lower clean-up costs in the event of a leakage (dependent on geographical regulations and other factors).
- Slower insulation aging during periods of overload if increased output, rather than longer equipment life, is a primary goal.
In addition to retrofills, SPX Transformer Solutions has the equipment, experience and capability to complete repairs and upgrades you may elect to perform while your transformer is drained of oil such as transformer dryouts, regasketing or bushing replacements; combining services can minimize costs and transformer downtime.
For more information or assistance during normal business hours, call or e-mail your local SPX Waukesha Sales & Service Representative, or us directly at the phone number above. You can also complete and submit our Service Project Inquiry form.