Transformer Oil Processing Services
State-of-the-Art Oil Processing Rigs Can Travel Anywhere in the U.S.
Waukesha® Service is ready to respond when your transformer is ready for oil. An experienced team of Field Service Technicians and Service Project Managers are available with the latest equipment and tools to handle your oil processing needs:
- Drain Oil from Transformer / Equipment
- Store Oil On-Site in Tank Trucks (either your trucks or ours)
- Pull Vacuum on Transformer (to your specifications or ours)
- Vacuum Degasify and Dehydrate New or Used Oil
- Reclaim / Improve Physical and Chemical Characteristics (using Fullers Earth Processing, if necessary)
SPX Waukesha has more than a dozen vacuum processing rigs in the USA with characteristics that many other service providers may not have:
- State-of-the-Art Equipment and Technology
- Totally Self-Contained Rigs
- 350 KW Generator with 490 Gallons of Fuel Storage
- Air-Conditioned Control Room for Instrumentation and Operators
- Oil Processing Capability at Rates Up to 2400 Gal/Hour
- Designed to De-Gas Oil to Approximately 1% Total Dissolved Gas — In-Line TDG Analyzer Provides Real-Time Analysis
- Designed to Dehumidify Oil to Approximately 1ppm Moisture
- Able to Raise Oil Temperature 70 degrees F in One Pass Using 190 KW of Heat NOTE: Oil is typically processed at approximately 140 degrees F, but higher temperatures are possible at customer’s request.
- Inlet Oil Filtered at 10 microns
- Outlet Oil Filtered at 0.5 microns
- High Vacuum Capability with two 171 scfm Vacuum Pumps and a 1449 scfm Booster
For a brochure on our oil processing capabilities, download the following Adobe Acrobat file:
Transformer Dryouts & Oil Processing Flyer (880k)
In addition to oil processing, SPX Transformer Solutions has the equipment, experience and capability to complete other repairs and/or upgrades you may elect to perform while your transformer is drained of oil such as insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, FR3 retrofill, etc.; combining services can minimize costs and transformer downtime.
For more information or assistance during normal business hours, call or e-mail your local SPX Waukesha Sales & Service Representative or complete and submit our Service Project Inquiry form.
Emergency Service Available 24/7/365: