WAUKESHA® SERVICE CAN HELP
SOLVE YOUR LEAK PROBLEMS!
We can either fix just the leaking location(s) or completely regasket all transformer openings and reprocess the oil to restore equipment to good condition. Job scope is completely up to the customer!
STEPS INVOLVED IN
REGASKETING A TRANSFORMER
- Establish baselines
- Analyze baseline data for problems
- Drain oil
- Regasket all openings on outside of tank
- Visually inspect LTC for problems and advise
- Pressure test with dry air
- Perform vacuum drop test
- Pull vacuum/process transformer per customer specifications
- Refill transformer with vacuum degasified oil
- Implement system checks
- Compare system checks to baselines
- Walk-through with customer
- Issue final project report
For more detailed information on these steps, download our Regasketing Expertise brochure.
In addition to regasketing, SPX Transformer Solutions has the equipment, experience and capabilities to complete other repairs and/or upgrades you may elect to perform while your transformer is drained of oil, such as insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, natural ester retrofill, etc.; combining services can minimize costs and transformer downtime.