Emergency Service Available 24/7/365:
TRANSFORMER OIL PROCESSING
Waukesha® Service is prepared and equipped to respond when your transformer is ready for oil. An experienced team of field service technicians and project managers are available with the latest knowledge and tools to handle your oil processing needs:
- Drain oil from transformer and other equipment
- Store oil on-site in tank trucks (either your trucks or those we arrange to have on site)
- Pull vacuum on transformer (to your specifications or ours)
- Vacuum degasify and dehydrate new or used oil
- Reclaim/Improve physical and chemical characteristics of oil (using Fullers Earth Processing, if necessary)
MORE THAN A DOZEN VACUUM PROCESSING RIGS IN THE U.S.A. WITH UNMATCHED CHARACTERISTICS
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Totally self-contained rigs
- 350 KW generator with 490 gallons of available fuel storage capacity
- Air-conditioned control room for instrumentation and operator safety
- Oil processing capability at rates up to 2400 gal/hour
- Designed to degasify oil to approximately 1% Total Dissolved Gas
- Designed to dehumidify oil to approximately 1ppm moisture
- Able to raise oil temperature 70 degrees F in one pass using 190 KW of heat
NOTE: Oil is typically processed at approximately 140 degrees F, but higher temperatures are possible at customer’s request.
- Inlet oil filtered at 10 microns
- Outlet oil filtered at 0.5 microns
- High vacuum capability with two 171 scfm vacuum pumps and a 1449 scfm booster
For detailed information on our oil processing capabilities, download our brochure here.
COMPLETE OFFERING OF TRANSFORMER SERVICE SOLUTIONS
SPX Transformer Solutions has the equipment, experience and capability to complete other repairs and/or upgrades you may elect to perform while your transformer is drained of oil, such as insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, natural ester fluid retrofills, etc.; combining services can minimize costs and transformer downtime.