Emergency Service Available 24/7/365:
Waukesha® Service can deliver the peace of mind you need! Waiting for a service outage to occur in order to assess your power equipment is NOT an option. Your customers need reliable electric power and your substation transformers and equipment must be in top condition to deliver. Take the time now for a comprehensive power equipment check-up by contacting your SPX Transformer Solutions representative.
Our condition assessments can help identify the present condition of your transformers and their components, estimate remaining life, make life extension suggestions and help with economic decisions for future repair or replacement actions to improve the performance reliability and extend the life of your assets.
SERVICE RECOMMENDATIONS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Transformer Tank
- Load tap changer
Internal Examinations and Test Results
- TTR (Transformer Turns Ratio)
- Doble® Power Factor and Excitation
- Megger of Core and Windings
- Oil tests for quality, DGA (Dissolved Gas Analysis) and history, furans and LTC DGA
- Maintenance records
- Loading history and overloads
- Short circuit history
- Other unusual operational events
If your power transformer is one of thousands of quality units in the Waukesha® family, our analysis will also cover the following:
- Winding design (all windings)
- Core design and construction
- Core & coil condition
- De-energized tap changer (DETC)
- Shielding of frames and tank
- Load tap changer, if so equipped
- Preventative auto (reactor)
- Thermal analysis
These analyses will be made using the latest state-of-the-art design programs, including Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and thermal design programs. Also, any upgrades that can be made will be suggested to allow you to bring your Waukesha® or other brand power transformer up to current design standards.
Contact us for more detailed information on these assessments or to get a better idea of why transformer assessments can be important to your long-term reliability strategy.